Monday, July 25, 2011

Error occurred in deployment step 'Retract Solution': Only a site collection administrator can activate or upgrade solutions that contain code.

Hi,

I got the above error when i was trying to deploy my sandbox solution.Finally with my teammates suggestion i deployed this sandbox solution into the site.Actually i created sandbox solution with my individual id,and it was throwing this error,to resolve i logged into the site with system account and added my id,finally it worked out.Below is the navigation path that i followed to add my id

Site Actions->Site Permissions->Click on 'Site Collection Administrators' under 'Edit' tab

Add the id through which you have created sandbox solution.Now deploy your sandbox solution right clicking on solution again.Finally sandbox solution gets deployed into the site

1 comment:

  1. http://dejmjin.blogspot.com/2012/02/retract-solution-only-site-collection.html

    ReplyDelete