Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Unable to connect to the specified address.Verify the URL you entered and contact the service administrator for more details


Hi,

We had a requirement to Publish Search Service Application in one farm and to consume in another farm

I followed  the below link to do the above requirement


Now when i was trying to connect to the service application in consuming farm i was getting the below issue

 But I was able to browse the url that i will be getting after publishing the service application in publishing farm as below
I approached our Architect for the same,he told me two steps to resolve this issue as below

1)In the consuming farm,in powershell I entered below command
2)I copied the generated Id as above in the below publishing,clicked farm while setting the permission to a published service application.

Clicked ‘Add’ after entering the Id and was able to see the Id under ‘Local Farm’
Finally what I understood is,in consuming farm it was not identifying the URL of published farm due to different farm id.

No comments:

Post a Comment